We are pleased to announce the release of ICE 52.0.
We are grateful to the members of the Collaboration for Health IT as well as the many private clinicians and staff who have and continue to lead this project with ICE Health Systems. Our goal is to serve the world of healthcare with excellence through a system that is built for the needs of today and tomorrow. This release is the next step in achieving our collective goal.
Financial Server Side Caching
- Release 52.0 prioritized performance improvements to Financials.
- On top of the double entry accounting system, a real time server side caching (caching) layer has been added to reduce load times by 50-80%.
- After each transaction, which can be a charge, adjustment, transfer, payment or payment allocation, the running totals for all affected financial accounts and transactions are updated and cached on the server in real time, without any performance penalty.
- Additionally, many financial services and interfaces have been optimized to further reduce load times and improve responsiveness. As a benchmark, for a complex patient with 100 outstanding charges with multiple transactions on each charge, the load time has been reduced by 50-60%.With all these improvements, all the extensive functionality found in the financial system today is still available.
- In summary, this release includes :
- Real Time Server Side Caching on:
- All Asset and Liability Accounts, including Patient and Insurance Payers
- Balances on Charge Transactions
- Allocations on Patient and Insurance Payments
- Insurance Payer Credit Balances and Allocations
- Additional Optimizations include:
- Main and Detailed Ledgers Views and Running Totals
- Patient Adjustment and Transfer Views
- Aging Buckets Views and Balances
- Patient Payment Views
- Insurance Batch Allocation Views
- Real Time Server Side Caching on:
- The table below provides additional benchmarks when performing various financial actions in the system on a patient with 100 outstanding charges with multiple transactions:
Load Time Improvement (%)
|Patient Transfer Screen||74.69|
|Individual Aging Bucket View||73.12|
|Insurance Aged Balances||69.16|
|Patient Simple Payment Screen||68.97|
|Patient Complete Balance||68.64|
|Patient Adjustment Screen||66.91|
|Payment Tab after Making Payment to 100 Charges||66.67|
|Financials Main Tab||64.64|
|Patient Detailed Payment Screen||61.19|
|Patient Aging Status||49.44|
|Patient Aged Balances||48.89|
|Financials Detailed Ledger Tab||41.27|
|Aging Bucket List View||24.46|
|Patient Balance For EOB Allocation||23.04|
|Batch Payment View||8.75|
- Improved the loading time for the Make a Payment, Transfer, Adjustment, and Payment Detail screens, as well as Aging Bucket Detail View.
- Allow users to sort adjustment codes by column header in the Practice Settings table.
- Under Practice > Insurance > Batches when you click Result from the History column of the table, the Insurance Batch Submission Result window is now larger and the results can be sorted.
- Code Set, Code Category, Treatment Phase, and Code Description are now available as Search field options in the Reason for Treatment report.
- For the Aggregate and Chart Results, the Grouping option can now be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- For the Document Submissions report, “System Type” has been added as a Search Field and as a Selected Column to display. In addition, “System Type” is now available from the Advanced Search in Auto-Assignment of Document Content in Practice Settings.
Advanced Search & Reporting
- Filtering document submissions on “Last # of days/months” or “Year Start to Now” now includes documents submitted today.
- Removed “Is Equal To” as a Search Field option for Surface in the Procedure List and Reason For Treatment Reports, since “In List” and “Not in List” can now be used.
- Fixed an issue where the document search was not functional when creating Auto-Assignment of content type “Document”.
- Fixed issues where out of balance icon was appearing incorrectly.
- Addressed table sizes in areas of Practice Settings related to Financials & Insurance, due to the recent UI/UX improvements to font size.