We are pleased to announce the release of ICE 74.0.
- A new drop-down selector has been introduced to several demographic fields. In future releases, this more robust drop-down selector will be introduced throughout the ICE system.
- Patient Education
- A new panel “Patient Animation Tracking” is available to display which patient education playlists were accessed from a patient record, including details such as pausing a video and which user viewed it.
- Search Functionality
- A more robust and flexible search functionality has been introduced. Specifically this search can be used in Practice Settings > Warnings to create rules for certain criteria, with the results displayed on patient or practice dashboards.
- If the provider’s localization language is set to French, then the menus, panels and current areas that have been translated will now be available in French.
- Data Import/Export
- Appointment and event import/export has been updated to remove dependence on GUID, making it easier to generate appointments and events. When importing, if GUID is null or cannot be found, a new appointment or event is created. If a matching GUID is found, the appointment or event will be updated based on the import JSON.
- Help text is now provided to explain the Cache Options.
- The Telehealth session timeout settings have been removed.
- When creating a session, you can now choose to create a link to the telehealth session instead of inviting specific people. If an invitation is not required, then any user with the link can join the session after they log into the system.
- User Experience
- Many changes were implemented within the system to improve user experience.
- Data Import/Export
- A single panel view can now be imported to multiple providers, even if the panel view has the same name and exists on another provider already.
- Panel view exports no longer include archived panels.
- When the practice setting for display of country code in phone number is turned on, the country code will now appear in the Patient Sidebar and in individual cards.
- Proper error appears immediately when trying to upload a file that exceeds the limit of 1.5 GB when selecting “Upload” from the Files panel menu.
- Only planned/proposed treatments now appear in the Create Predetermination table.
- When creating an Ad hoc or EDI statement, the “To Date” is now read-only.
- When posting refunds, the system requires a check number for the appropriate workflows.
- Insurance field is no longer empty for claims in the paper insurance claims queue.
- Procedure codes are no longer duplicated in the search list from Insurance Payer > View Credit.
- Filtering on the odontogram now properly filters the red asterisk on applicable findings/procedures.
- Orthodontic Charting
- A warning will now display when the pause date of an Orthodontic Treatment Plan is removed.
- Changing the provider name in an Orthodontic Treatment Plan is now saving.
- The treatment date of a draft orthodontic treatment plan can now be updated which will use the correct fee based on the treatment date.
- Provider Management
- Provider with no permission granted for provider profile can no longer view ‘My Profile’ from the Logged-in user menu.
- Addressed issues in the Document Submission report related to questions being removed from a section.
- Addressed issues related to Appointment Reports for cancelled and unscheduled appointments.
- Addressed issues related to interactive results appearing in existing report panels that use Document Submission or Individual List templates.
- Appointments, events and availability templates are no longer able to be set past the practice operating hours which are the minimum and maximum of the scheduling grid.
- Participants can now submit feedback on a Telehealth session after the session chair has closed the session.
- Treatment Planning
- Addressed issue when charting a code macro with a procedure on a mouth area.
- Editing a material finding of type “Appliance” now requires that a tooth or area is selected.
- Step sets using procedures that require the “Replacement of Prosthesis” question now have this question appear.
- When no validation entry is selected from Provider > Validation, then the validate button is now disabled.
Visit the ICE Knowledge Base and the Collaboration Sharing Center to learn more and streamline your experience using ICE. These sites are routinely updated with new or revised articles, videos, and structured content. To browse previous release summaries and the latest project highlights, visit the Release Center.
We recently updated the following in the Collaboration Sharing Center:
- Document Templates now have comprehensive PDF examples for all Forms.
- For example, the Caries Risk Assessment PDF.
We recently updated the following materials in the ICE Knowledge Base:
- Assigning providers and resources to an appointment
- Cancelling an appointment
- Consenting to treatment
- Creating a new referral
- Creating a patient education animation playlist
- Creating an appointment
- Creating an event
- Double booking a provider or resource
- Editing animation playlists for a patient
- Editing procedure and finding details
- Managing audio and video
- Managing referral attachments
- Managing referral collaborations
- Managing referral documents
- Opening referrals
- Patient education overview
- Personalizing display settings in scheduling
- Practice settings: patient education
- Referrals overview
- Rejecting validation items
- Rescheduling with the clipboard
- Reviewing validation items
- Scheduling from the clipboard
- Updating a referral status
- Using the next visits panel
- Using the short call list
- Validating items
- Validation overview
We are grateful to the members of the Collaboration for Health IT as well as the many private clinicians and staff who have and continue to lead this project with ICE Health Systems. Our goal is to serve the world of healthcare with excellence through a system that is built for the needs of today and tomorrow. This release is the next step in achieving our collective goal.