ICE has been engaged under a separate agreement (the “ICE/Institution Agreement“) that ICE has with your institution (the “Institution“) to make available to you the ICE Health System and certain related services (collectively, the “ICE Health System“).
“personal information” means
information about you. Personal information does not include information that
cannot be attributed to you. For example, information of an aggregate or
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in those cases where we are handling sensitive personal information, such as your health information, or where the uses or disclosures of your personal information are not required by applicable law, are not commercially reasonable and/or it is not customary industry practice to make such disclosures, we will ask you directly for your consent to those uses or disclosures if you have not previously provided us with consent for the same.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time on reasonable notice, subject to preexisting legal and contractual obligations, by contacting our Privacy Officer as set out below. However, if you withdraw certain consents, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of ICE’s services or otherwise interact with ICE.
For clarity, your ability to change or withdraw consent is not absolute. Despite a change or withdrawal of consent, ICE reserves the right to continue handling your personal information in those circumstances required by law, when any prior action has been taken or commitment given in reliance on your consent, in connection with a possible unauthorized access or a possible attempt to gain unauthorized access or other possible illegal activity or breach of the Terms of Service.
For users of the
ICE Health System, you or your Institution will be inputting your personal
information into the system. For patients, your care providers will be
inputting your personal information and heath
information into the system.
Patients may also be provided the opportunity to input their
information into the system.
In other circumstances, where practical, we will try to collect personal information directly from you. Occasionally, we may need to collect personal information from other sources. In those circumstances, we will have those third parties verify that they are entitled to disclose your personal information to ICE.
- in connection with any use of our services, we may process, store and archive your personal information;
- in connection with our ongoing evaluation and improvements to our services and systems, we may analyze how you are using the services, and incidental to that analysis, we may review some of your personal information in connection with such evaluation and improvements;
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address to provide information about ICE and its services when you request that information;
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address so that we can identify you and communicate with you in connection with our operations;
- subject to the restrictions set forth in the ICE/ Institution Agreement, using customer and/or supplier relationship information such as your service requests, instructions and comments to assist us in delivering services in accordance with your wishes; and
- using personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and certain other related activities reasonably needed for management of the ICE Health System and our relationship. For example, if we think there may be an error in the personal information contained in one of records we may use your contact information to contact you regarding that error. As an additional example, we may use the content of your email to make changes to our products and services if you email us with a complaint about some aspect of our products or services.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
Subject to applicable law, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent in some specific and limited circumstances as set forth in this Section. We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information in these limited circumstances without your knowledge or consent. ICE may monitor your use of its services to ensure the proper use and operation of those services. As well, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent when that personal information is relevant to an actual or potential legal proceeding involving ICE, Institution and/or you or when we are required or permitted to do so by court order, applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, where privacy law permits the collection, use or disclosure of personal information without your knowledge or consent, ICE will only do so in connection with the following:
- a possible unauthorized access or a possible attempt to gain unauthorized access to ICE’s systems or any data or personal information stored on such systems; or
- in respect of a possible illegal activity or breach of the Terms of Service.
Use of the Website
In order to use
some of the features of ICE’s website, ICE may require that you provide some
personal information. Our web server collects the domain names, IP addresses
and the website activity of visitors. This information is aggregated for the purposes
of measuring the number of visits, average
time spent on the website, pages viewed, and other similar purposes. ICE uses this information to measure the use of our website and to improve the content of our website.
A technology called cookies may be used on certain pages of our website. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so the website can recognize you when you return. Cookies allow us to provide you with tailored information and to provide services to you via the Internet. If your browser permits, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies altogether. (See the documentation provided with your Internet browser for more information on cookies and how to disable them.)
Accuracy and Completeness
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete. To do so, we may need to request additional information from you or have you verify your information. If your personal information does change, we would appreciate it if you could inform us of those changes in order that your personal information in our possession remains accurate.
Retention and Destruction
Subject to applicable law and certain restrictions in the ICE/Institution Agreement, for legal and business purposes we may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed. Upon expiry of the appropriate retention period, bearing in mind our reasonable legal and business requirements, your personal information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous. You should be aware that there are legally required minimum retention periods, which ICE must and does observe.
Security of Personal Information
ICE recognizes its obligation to protect personal information in its possession. Therefore, ICE will make arrangements as may be required by law or as may be reasonable in the circumstance, whichever is the higher standard, to secure that personal information against unauthorized access. Depending on the circumstances, these measures may include providing access to only those individuals with a need to know the information, locked doors and/or filing cabinets and other physical and electronic security measures as well as contractual measures, such as nondisclosure agreements.
Contacting or Communicating With Us
- have any questions with respect to our privacy policies or practices;
- have any questions with respect to our handling of your personal information;
- wish to correct any of your personal information under our care or control; or
- are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information or any response we may have given,
please contact our Privacy Officer at: ICE Health Systems Inc
120, 1289 Highfield Crescent SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 5M2
Fax: (403) 3139201 OR Email: email@example.com